Friday, June 29, 2012

#593: Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins



Sorry for the terrible picture

My bananas always turn brown before we finish them (even if I buy them slightly green!) so I was super, super excited to see this recipe on one of my friend's pinterest board.  The girls have been eating the Butternut Squash muffins everyday for breakfast now for the last 3 days and just finished them this morning.  So I was very excited to throw these together for the girls for breakfast tomorrow. 

These are so yummy, we ate some with our dinner.  These are NOT going to last long in our house, I can guarantee it!

2 /1/2 cup oats (old fashioned kind, not quick cooking)
1 single serving cup of plain low fat greek yogurt (I used low carb pear yogurt b/c that's what I had)2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar (next time I'll try using 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 bananas

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (this batter sticks to paper liners!) 
Place all of the ingredients, including bananas in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
This batter made 24 mini muffins and 5 large muffins for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment