Thursday, June 28, 2012

#591: Oatmeal Blueberry Coffee Cup Bake


I found this recipe on my friend Jaime's pinterest board and when I clicked on the link it took me to a message board on my fitness pal.  It looked easy, it looked healthy and it looked quick, so I figured I would throw this together for breakfast this morning. 

First of all, I didn't think there was any way mine would come out looking like the
original photo.  In that picture it looked like it was baked in a tall muffin tin and came out nice and solid and muffin-like.  Shockingly, mine did that too! 

I'm actually super surprised that I liked this and it's pretty good.  Every few bites it tastes a little too eggy for my liking, so next time I think I'll try making it with applesauce instead.  This would be an easy breakfast to throw together in a little bowl, and pop in the microwave at work (in a coffee cup of course) when I get there.  Yep, I'd make this again!

It would be great with any fruit you have on hand and like in your oatmeal.  It sure is a great way to get a little protein in too (if you use the egg/egg white).

1/4 cup quick oats (mine weren't quick cooking)
1 egg (I used 1 egg white)
small handful of blueberries (mine were frozen)
little bit of brown sugar
tbsp soymilk or regular milk

1/2 tsp honey

Mix it all up and pour into a coffee mug.  Put it in the microwave for 1 minute, make sure it doesn’t overflow.  Add an extra 30 sec if it needs to firm up. (I cooked mine for 1 1/2 minutes).

2 comments: