Wednesday, June 20, 2012

#579: Greek Tomato and Cucumber Salad


A friend was coming over for dinner and of course that meant finding new recipes to try out on her.  Unfortunately for Brian (and the girls for that matter) I cooked mainly for Erin and I and not for my family.  :) 

I decided to make
this recipe since all of the ingredients are in season right now and so fresh.  Plus it was a recipe I could make ahead of time and just pull out of the fridge when we were ready to eat.

I liked this salad.  I would definitely make it again...except it needs salt and pepper next time!

2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped (I used grape tomatoes cut into quarters)
1 large cucumber, chopped
1/2 cup coarsely chopped green peppers (I used orange peppers)
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/4 cup Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
Combine all the ingredients.  This can be made up to 24 hours in advance so flavors can meld. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think it needed anything else! It was phenomenal! Everything was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! Glad I could test these recipes out on you!!

    ReplyDelete