Friday, June 29, 2012

#592: Grilled Marinated Chicken with Fresh Herb Sauce


When I made this, I did not leave any dressing left to use as a dipping sauce.  My family would NEVER have eaten it this way, so I just poured everthing over the chicken and I let it marinate in the fridge for about 4 1/2 hours.

This was very, very good.  I was afraid the kids (yes, I'm lumping Brian into that mix) would not eat this because of "the green stuff," but both Allison and Brian at all of theirs.  Chloe (my pickiest eater--she just doesn't care about eating as much as the rest of us, unless it's candy) ate it but didn't love it.  Personally I think she liked it, she just didn't want to eat it. 

3/4 cup Italian Dressing
3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)
Mix dressing and herbs; pour 1/4 cup over chicken in shallow glass dish. Turn chicken over to coat both sides. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
   
Heat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken 7 min.; turn over. Add tomatoes to grill; brush with 1/4 cup of the remaining dressing mixture. Grill 6 to 8 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165ºF).  Serve chicken with remaining dressing mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment