Wednesday, June 20, 2012

#576: Championship Bean Dip

This may not be pretty but it sure is yummy!

I love book club.  1.  It gets me reading more than parenting or cooking magazines.  2.  They are a great group of ladies to hang out with.  (Calling them ladies makes us sound old!)  3.  We always have fun discussing the book, our families, our lives and anything else that may come up!  But I especially love my fellow book clubbers because they give me an excuse to try out a new recipe on them. 

Obviously, I made this recipe to take to book club.  :)  It was so, so easy to throw together in the crock pot.  The hardest part of this recipe is remembering to take out the cream cheese and let it soften first.  I'm so happy to report that this got very good reviews!  And the leftovers are fantastic as a bean and cheese quesadilla and in tacos.  I put some of this in with the girls taco meat and they had no idea it was in there.  Delicious!

1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
1 cup picante sauce
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Tortilla chips
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the tortilla chips.  Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through, stirring once or twice. Serve with tortilla chips.  Yield: 4-1/2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment