Saturday, June 16, 2012

#573: Cornbread Hot Dog Bites


I really shouldn't even post this recipe.  It's not much of a "recipe."  But, since I found it somewhere online and we tried it, I might as well review it.  I made these for the girls for lunch.  Chloe ate one right when it came out of the oven and ate the whole thing.  I thought she was going to like these.  When she (and Allison) ate them the next day for lunch, they both just pulled out the hot dog pieces and left the cornbread on their plates.  Grr....  I guess this wasn't a successful recipe for us. 

1 box cornbread mix (plus ingredients to make the cornbread.  Check the individual box for needed ingredients)
4 Hot dogs (I used turkey dogs)


Prepare cornbread mix according to directions on the package. 

Spray 24 mini muffin tins with non-cook spray.  Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full with cornbread muffin mix.  Set aside.

Cut each hot dog into 6 pieces.  Place one piece of hot dog into the center of the cornbread muffin mix. 

Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and cook through.

No comments:

Post a Comment