Wednesday, June 20, 2012

#578: Sweet Cinnamon Pizza Rolls


I found this recipe on Weelicious and decided to make them for the girls to eat for lunch (another future lunch box meal hopefully??).  They were really easy to make, except I can NEVER get my pizza dough to roll out as big as a recipe calls for. 

The recipe also says to cut the pizza log into 20 mini bites.  I thought the dough was huge, so I cut it in half and then rolled it up into 2 logs, getting 30 pizza rolls out of it. 

It also says to cook at 450 degrees.  My first batch were pretty much burnt on the bottom and still raw on the top at that temperature!  I turned the oven down to 395 degrees and baked the rest of the time.  These are good served warm.  If you let them sit on the counter or in the fridge they get super chewy.  The girls only liked them right after they came out of the oven. 

16 Oz Pizza Dough
3/4 Cup Whipped Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 ½ Cups Chopped Dried Fruit (I used raisins and Craisins)

Preheat oven to 450° F.  Roll out pizza dough into a 10 x 20-inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
In a bowl mix the cream cheese, honey and cinnamon.  Spread cream cheese mixture in an even layer across surface of dough.  Sprinkle with dried fruit (and nuts, if desired).

Beginning at the 20-inch side roll up into a cylinder and then cut into 2-inch thick discs (rolls).  Place rolls in greased muffins cups or on a greased baking sheet and pat down slightly.  Bake for 20 minutes, allow to cool slightly and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment