Saturday, June 16, 2012

#572: Grilled Cheesy Garlic Potato Packs


We have been eating a lot of baked potatoes lately, so I decided to make them on the grill tonight with our turkey burgers.  I had this recipe bookmarked on pinterest, so it was the perfect recipe to try.  Normally I never have chives on hand, but last time I needed some, I found freeze dried chives in the produce section, so now I always have some around. 

We loved this.  Let me rephrase that, Brian, Allison and I loved this, Chloe did not.  But Chloe doesn't really like potatoes so she shouldn't count.  :) 


1/2 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil                                           
1 Yukon gold potato (8 oz), cut into 1/2-inch pieces (I used russet) 
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut one 14x12-inch piece of heavy-duty foil. Spray one side generously with cooking spray.
In small bowl, pour oil over potato pieces; toss to coat. Add chives and garlic salt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat.
Place potatoes on center of sprayed side of foil piece. Fold foil over potatoes so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.

Cover and grill packet over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until potatoes are golden brown and tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment