Saturday, June 16, 2012

#571: Grilled Romaine Hearts


I've seen a lot of recipes for grilled romaine.  I am a huge romaine lettuce fan, so I figured it was worth trying.  Although I definitely ate it all, I was not a huge fan of this and probably won't be making it again.  The grill makes the lettuce a little too wilty and soft for my liking.  My lettuce has to be nice and crunchy. 

1 heart of romaine lettuce

1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp olive oil

Cut the romaine heart in half lengthwise. Trim the stem end a little, if you wish, but be sure not to cut too much–all the leaves need to stay attached.

Place on a heated grill (medium heat) and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. 

Remove from grill and sprinkle with oil and vinegar.  Season with salt and pepper to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment