Saturday, June 16, 2012

#574: Turkey Burgers


I had a 5 lb container of ground turkey from Sam's Club and decided to make this recipe with some of it.  I love burgers (most of the time, as long as they are well done), I am NOT a fan of turkey burgers.  They are too light in color when they are cooked and just have a different taste.  So I wasn't just leery about trying these I was scared that I wouldn't eat it at all.  The girls are also not big burger fans and I'm trying to get them to eat them more often so they like both hamburgers AND hot dogs. 

I am so happy to report that we all loved these burgers.  Not just liked them, we LOVED them.  Allison asked for seconds and Chloe finished her entire burger (granted it was a tiny slider, but that's okay!)  We are definitely making these again! 

The recipe below makes 4 burgers (Or in our case 3 regular size burgers and 2 minis)


1 pound ground turkey
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon seasoned bread crumbs
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon finely diced onion (I used dried minced onion)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (I used dried parsley)
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 patties.

Cook the patties on a grill or in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment