Friday, June 22, 2012

#583: Garden Potato Salad


I found this recipe in a recent issue of Kraft Foods Magazine.  I tend to make several potato salads during the summer to take to different events so I instantly book marked this recipe.  I made this recipe to take with to a family gathering.  I liked that it had garden veggies in it and that it was best to make ahead of time to let the flavors meld. 

The Dijon mustard in this recipe gives it a nice tang, but the zesty Italian salad dressing keeps it from getting too thick. 

Personally, I loved this potato salad (I ate some of the leftovers that didn't fit in the bowl), and hopefully Brian's family will enjoy it as much as I did.  If not, I'll be bringing home lots of leftovers for lunch. 


2 lb. new potatoes, halved
1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing (I used light Italian Dressing)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup fresh corn kernels, cooked (I used frozen corn, defrosted)
1/2 cup thin red pepper strips
1/4 cup thin red onion slices
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
Cook potatoes in boiling water in saucepan 15 min. or just until tender; drain. Place warm potatoes in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat.
Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment