Sunday, June 24, 2012

#584: Blueberry Gelatin Salad




I've almost made this recipe multiple times, but it keeps getting bumped off my menu for one reason or another. I made this to take to a family gathering this weekend. First of all, the recipe calls for canned blueberries NOT canned blueberry pie filling. I didn't know there was a difference. I also didn't have canned blueberries so I substituted frozen blueberries instead.


I loved this jello; it went over well at the party too.  So easy to make and so yummy and refreshing.  Definitely plan to make this one again!

By the way, Allison loved this so much she said, "You did a good job making this.  I loved it.  It was DEEElicious.  Can you make this for my birthday?" 
2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 can (15 ounces) blueberries, drained
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/4 cup chopped pecans


In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in blueberries. Pour into a 11-in. x 7-in. dish; chill until set.


In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and sour cream; mix well. Spread over the gelatin layer; sprinkle with pecans. Chill several hours or overnight.







No comments:

Post a Comment