Wednesday, June 20, 2012

#577: Pasta Bake (with veggies hidden)


I snuck in some veggies in this recipe!  No one had any idea they were eating broccoli or cauliflower.  (Enter maniacal laugh here!)  Not even Brian.   And the best part is, Brian and Allison loved it and Brian ate the leftovers for lunch.  Yeah, Brian ate veggies...and liked it.

I made this the night before and then just reheated it in the oven the night we planned to eat it.  I will definitely be making this again!  I got this recipe from one of my parenting or family magazines, but I don't know which one I ripped it out of.  (Sorry!)

1 1/3 cups dried elbow macaroni (I used mostaccoli)
2  cups pasta sauce
2/3 cup pureed cooked cauliflower
2/3 cup pureed cooked broccoli
1/2 8 ounce can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
Stir in pasta sauce, cauliflower, broccoli, tomato sauce, Parmesan, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Transfer to a 2-quart square or rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.

Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment