Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Product Review: Margherita Napolitana Pizza


I was lucky to be invited into a new BzzAgent Campaign for Kroger and their line of Private Selection foods.  I was able to purchase, try and review one of their frozen pizzas.  I haven't really paid any attention to or noticed their "Private Selection" line before so this was a new adventure for me.  I had to stay home with a sick child today, so I figured it was the perfect time to make their pizza.  Now, normally, Brian would be REALLY mad that I would even think about eating pizza without him, but my choices were limited at Kroger and I could only get the Margherita Napolitana Pizza or a Fire Roasted Veggie one...neither of which he would eat!  (Oh my gosh, a pizza I don't have to share!)  I am not a fan of hot or spicy foods, so I happily chose the Margherita Napolitana, although I would have preferred a pepperoni one instead if I wasn't pregnant and baby boy actually liked pepperoni!   

Anyhow, here are my thoughts on this brand/pizza.
1.  LOVE the crust!  It is a thin, flat bread crust which is super crispy!!  The directions say to cook it directly on the oven rack, but I was so afraid I'd have a mess taking it out of the oven, so I cooked it on a cookie sheet instead.  I don't think it made any difference!

2.  I was afraid I was going to pick off most of the tomatoes and little nuggets of fresh mozzarella, but they actually weren't too bad.  My only complaints are that the mozzarella didn't fully melt (that's okay though) and the freshness of the tomatoes made the pizza a little soggy.  You definitely want to eat this over a plate and with a napkin or you'll be wiping tomato juice on your sleeve. 

3.  LOVE the fresh basil in this!!  It really comes through in the pizza and was delish! (Please wait a moment, while I got fetch myself another piece.)  :)

4.  Would I make this again?  Yes, definitely! 

5.  At first, I thought this was a bit over priced.  It was on sale for $4.99 and it was a little too much in my opinion.  However, I could easily get 2 meals out of this (it says it serves 3...no way!), so 2.50 for each serving for lunch isn't bad.  And this is definitely better than the leftover soup I planned to eat for lunch today had I gone into work!

No comments:

Post a Comment