Thursday, November 24, 2011

#433: Cinnamon Roll Cake


I came across this recipe accidentally on Pinterest and was eager to make it for Brian and the girls for Thanksgiving morning breakfast.  What could be nicer than having cinnamon rolls and bacon while watching the Thanksgiving Day parade?  Sounds wonderful to me!  Brian could live off just a few foods: pizza, spaghetti, garlic bread, peanut butter sandwiches, doughnuts, pizza (did I mention that yet?) and cinnamon rolls.  (Have you noticed I did not mention any fruits or veggies?  This is why I sneaky chef his foods!)

So I had high hopes he would like this special breakfast...and they did.  Although I don't know if it was the pan I used (I halved the recipe) or if I undercooked this, but we pretty much had to flip over each piece of "cake" because the bottom was super gooey and our very center piece was so gooey/soggy it didn't hold up at all.  Regardless this was super yummy and there is only 1 piece left!

Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. cake makers in birmingham

    ReplyDelete