Wednesday, November 16, 2011

#411: Quick Creamy Corn


The word "quick" in this recipe caught my attention (as did the corn and peppers), and this recipe really is quick to throw together.  I can put this all together in my microwave within 5 minutes of coming home.  Chloe loves corn, but did not like this recipe unfortunately.  In fact, no one else in my family will eat this, but that's okay by me because I'll happily take the leftovers for lunch.  In fact, I added leftover cooked rice to the remaining corn and mixed it all together.  Now I have a full lunch just by combining my leftovers.  This recipe also needs to have salt, pepper and bacon (I used real bacon bits) to it. :)  (I took this picture before adding the salt, pepper or bacon though).

2 tsp.butter

1/2 cup each finely chopped green and red peppers (I used yellow and red because I had it on hand)
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen corn, thawed (I didn't thaw mine!)
1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) Philly Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread (I used plain cream cheese)
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese1/4 cup real bacon bits (or real crumbled bacon!)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Microwave butter in medium microwaveable bowl on high 30 sec. or until melted. Stir in peppers. Microwave 1 to 2 min. or until heated through.  Stir in corn.  (I added 2 tbsp water).  Microwave 3 to 4 min. or until heated through, stirring after 2 min.  Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in Parmesan, salt and pepper, and bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment