Wednesday, November 30, 2011

#436: Cranberry Jello Salad


Many people may not be a fan of Jello recipes, but as long as it's mixed with cool whip or cream cheese, or some other thickener, I highly enjoy it!  So I came across this recipe for Strawberry Jello Salad and figured I'd just change the strawberry flavor to cranberry jello and make it more Thanksgiving-like. 

I LOVED this.  I ate the leftovers for lunch this week and I plan to make it again this weekend for my nephew's birthday (but I'll try cherry flavored jello instead).  The texture is fantastic and this is sweet, but not too sweet.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

3 oz pkg strawberry Jello
8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 - 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1 pint fresh whipping cream, whipped (not cool whip)
1/2 cup pecan pieces

Mix water, sugar and pineapple over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Add the dry jello and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool for twenty to thirty minutes. While the mixture cools whip the whipping cream and place it in the refrigerator. When the jell-o mixture is cool add the pecans and fold in the whipped whipping cream. Add the mini marshmallows last. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment