Saturday, November 19, 2011

#414: Taco Puffs


I was drawn to this recipe just by the original photo.  It looked so yummy, and was basically taco meat and biscuits, so I really wanted to try it.  Of course I will find any way to make this recipe easier, so when I was looking at the reviews, and I saw someone made it in a pie pan instead of individually, I knew it was exactly how I would make this!  Personally, I don't think a pie pan is big enough, but my 8x8 pan was in the dishwasher.  Next time I would make this is an 8x8 or 9x9 pan instead.

Okay, we really, really enjoyed this and there was enough for us to get another meal out of it.  (Bonus!)  I think I need to turn the heat down though (375 degrees maybe?!) because the tops and bottoms of the rolls cooked, but the very center wasn't super hot (the cheese didn't totally melt) and the rolls were slightly undercooked.  It didn't deter us from eating it though!  Also, by looking at the original photo and then my picture, I may not have used the correct rolls...it was still good though.


1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 tubes (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Cool slightly.

Flatten half of the biscuits into 4-in. circles; place in greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Spoon 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each; sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Flatten the remaining biscuits; place on top and pinch edges to seal tightly. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment