Wednesday, November 16, 2011

#412: Apple-Bacon Sweet Potatoes


Do I have a problem if bacon has been an ingredient in the last 3 or 4 posts?  I came across this recipe in a recent issue of Kraft Foods (love that magazine!).  This wasn't as sweet as I had hoped, but this is definitely a more savory dish with the addition of bacon.  I did like this, but I don't know if I could eat a lot of it at one time.  I am looking forward to having it for leftovers again tomorrow though...so that's always a good sign!

1 large onion, chopped
4 slices Turkey Bacon, chopped
1-1/2 lb. sweet potatoes (2 large), peeled, cut into bite-size chunks
2 apples, chopped
1/2 cup apple juice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped Pecans (I used walnuts)
Heat oven to 375ºF. 
Cook onions and bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 7 to 8 min. or until onions are crisp-tender.

Place
potatoes in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.   Add apples, apple juice and cinnamon; mix lightly.   Top with onion mixture; cover.  Bake 40 min.; top with nuts.   Bake 15 min. or until potatoes are tender and most the liquid is absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment