Sunday, November 6, 2011

#405: Pineapple Cherry Jello


Thanksgiving = New Jello Recipe to try. 

I found this recipe in one of my recent All You Magazines, as an advertisement for Dole.  It was supposed to be made into mini molds, but that required an extra step, so I just made it in one big bowl.  I LOVED this!  But I love cherries, so if you don't like cherries, you might not like this one.  Definitely making this again soon. 

20 oz crushed pineapple

12 oz pineapple juice
2 packages (3 oz each) cherry gelatin
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 c frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed, quartered and drained
1/2 c chopped pecans

Drain pineapple, reserve juice.  Heat reserved juice plus canned pineapple juice to boiling.  Add gelatin; stir at least 2 minutes or until completely dissolved.  Add nutmeg and chill until mixture thickens slightly.  Fold in pineapple, cherries and pecans.  Pour into a bowl or jell-o mold and chill until firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment