Friday, December 2, 2011

#440: Crockpot BBQ Chicken


Okay, my picture does not look nearly as good as the original photo from the blog I found this recipe at (Stick a Fork in It).  Head on over there to see a good picture of this meal. 

Now, with that said, this is one of the easiest chicken dinner's I've made.  It requires minimal ingredients (all of which I had on hand) and takes about 2 minutes to throw together.  Personally, I thought these were a little dried out, but that's my fault because it had to sit in the crockpot for so long while we were at work.  I really, wanted to set the timer to go off about 2 hours later but I hate leaving chicken defrosting on the counter, so I didn't. 

Now, if you want to make a super easy shredded BBQ chicken, just use chicken breast tenders and this would have been practically shredding itself as I tried to get it out of the crockpot.  (Future meal for us I'm sure).

4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder

Mix BBQ sauce with vinegar, red pepper flakes, brown sugar and garlic powder.  Place chicken in crockpot.  Pour sauce over it and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.  (I threw my chicken breasts in frozen and cooked for 9 hours).  That's it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment