Tuesday, December 6, 2011

#443: Chicken Tortilla Breakfast Burrito


So I made the
Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe for my lunches for the week.  Then we were planning on having breakfast for dinner and I wanted to make the Easy Bacon and Egg Bake, but it took too long to make.  So I decided to make my own breakfast burritos using the chicken tortilla soup. 

I LOVED this!  Really loved this!  All I did was drain/strain the liquid from the soup, scrambled up some eggs, added the chicken mixture in and then ate it in a tortilla.  So easy.  So yummy.

1/3-1/2 c left over
Chicken Tortilla Soup, strained (so there is no liquid left)
2 eggs

1/4 c milk
corn tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese

Combine milk and eggs and whisk to combine.  Heat in a skillet over medium-low heat, stirring to "scramble."  When the eggs are almost fully cooked, add the leftover chicken tortilla soup mixture.  Stir into eggs and cook until heated through.  Add some shredded cheddar cheese and place into a corn tortilla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment