Sunday, December 11, 2011

#453: Penguin Olives


I've seen these adorable
little penguins on pinterest and have considered making them, but figured it would be too much work.  Then my friend Jen brought these to our recipe swap this week and I pretty much ate all of them.  Okay, that's not true, but I think I ate 10.  You have to like olives to like this recipe.  I LOVE black olives! 

Here's the downfall, there are too many steps for my liking.  Cut the olives, cut the carrots, pipe the cream cheese ...okay that's it, but it seemed like it took forever!  I'd definitely make these again, but I'd be perfectly content eating cream cheese stuffed olives too!  :)
2 can2 Jumbo black olives
1 can Small (or Medium) black olives
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
3-4 large carrots

Slice the carrot into about 1/8th inch slices. Cut a V shape notch out of each slice (the big piece of the pie is the feet.  Save the small slice for the beak).

Slit one Jumbo olive, lengthwise (I found it easiest to take a really sharp knife to cut the olive), and stuff with about 1 tsp. cream cheese (I let mine soften for a bit than piped it from a ziplock bag).

Insert the small carrot wedge into the "x" on a small olive.  Line up the head, body, and feet, and secure with a toothpick.

No comments:

Post a Comment