Friday, December 9, 2011

#448: Pecan Sandies


I love, love, LOVE pecan sandies cookies.  So when I came across this recipe I was super excited to find an excuse to try it.  Well, when my Cinnamon-Almond Brittle didn't turn out, this was my next go to recipe because I had everything on hand to make it.  And I sure am glad I did!  It was YUMMY!  I loved them!  I will definitely be making these again.  I may never buy pre-made, pre-packaged pecan sandies again.

2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (I used regular salt)
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans

Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.

Beat in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated (the dough will be crumbly). 
Roll heaping tablespoons of the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. Bake until the edges are golden, 18 to 20 minutes.  Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment