Friday, December 9, 2011

#447: Red Chicken Enchiladas


We had quite a bit of leftover chicken from the Crockpot Chicken Fajitas, so I used the remaining shredded chicken to make a second meal!  I found this recipe for Red Chicken Enchiladas and I seriously debated for days if I should make this or not.  I wasn't sure anyone (myself included) would eat this.  This was super easy and I put it together the night before and basically just threw it in the oven when we got home from work.  Brian did not enjoy this...he ate it, but he wasn't a fan.  Chloe thought it was okay.  Allison ate just about as much as I did though...we LOVED it.  Honestly, Allison loved it the most.  I made an 8x8 pan, and there wasn't anything left over at all!  (Allison would have licked the pan if she could).

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 onion, diced
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 Tbs. ground cumin
1/2 can diced tomatoes (I omitted)
1/2-1 can green chilies (I omitted)
9 corn tortillas
Shredded cheddar cheese
Saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil on stove. Add the cooked chicken, salt, pepper, cumin, tomatoes and green chilies.  Spray the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray then add 3 corn tortillas (I put 2 whole, then broke one in half to cover the corners).  Top with half of the chicken mixture, and add about 1/3 c shredded cheddar.  Top with another 3 corn tortillas and the remaining chicken mixture.  Sprinkle about 1/3 c shredded cheddar cheese on top and then add 3 more tortillas.
Then combine the following ingredients and pour on top of the chicken and tortillas:  (This made a lot for my family and I still only used about 1/3 to 1/2 of it in our dinner)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
Top with more shredded cheddar cheese if desired.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment