Sunday, December 4, 2011

Product Review: Private Selections Baked Tortilla Cups


If you have not checked out BzzAgent.com by now, you really should!  I love being able to try and review products and let people know of the great products I receive through them.  In a recent campaign for Private Selection frozen foods (through Kroger), I've been able to try their cream puffs and margharita napolitana pizza, and now, I was able to try one of their frozen appetizers.  I decided to pick out their Baked Tortilla Cup Collection which contains spinach-artichoke tortilla cups and roasted eggplant-tomato tortilla cups.  I knew I would have to beg, please and bribe my family to (unsuccessfully) try these, but I also knew that their resistance to eat these would leave me to have a lunch I wouldn't have to share.  :)

Of the three items I've tried from this BzzCampaign, sadly these are my least favorite.  That's not to say I don't enjoy them, I just don't love them.  The tortilla cups are nice and crispy, and these were super, super easy to make.  Just take them out of the box, put on a cookie sheet and place in the oven.  I definitely preferred the spinach-artichoke ones over the roasted eggplant-tomato tortilla cups, but I'm a sucker for spinach and artichokes. 

 Personally, I think these are a little overpriced.  You get 10 in a box (5 of each kind) for $6.70.  I could make a lot of other appetizers for that price.  But, these are a little bigger (I ate each on in 3 bites...yes I counted), and they taste more like home-made, not like they were frozen and reheated. 

The roasted eggplant-tomato tortilla cups have a nice, fresh eggplant taste, and they also have these fantastic little pine nuts in them...which I love!  There's a lot of flavor packed into that little tortilla cup, and they are good, just not out-of-this world good.  As for the spinach-artichoke ones, they are stuffed with filling.  Lots of Parmesan, artichoke and spinach in each bite.

Would I buy these again, yes.  Would I buy these again if they weren't on sale and/or didn't have a coupon, probably not.  Try them for yourself though and let me know what YOU think!

No comments:

Post a Comment