Friday, December 9, 2011

#446: Crockpot Chicken Fajitas


I had a whole chicken in my freezer and needed a recipe to use it.  I found this recipe which looked ridiculously easy and we had almost all of the ingredients in hand.  I really do not enjoy touching raw chicken, especially whole chickens, so I got Brian to de-skin this chicken for me.  It was really, really easy to make and had excellent flavor.  (Although I learned that Brian does not enjoy picking through the crock pot for cooked chicken pieces either!)
I would definitely make this again!


3 to 4 pound whole chicken
1 packet fajita seasoning
1 onion, chopped
olive oil
1 lemon, cut in half (I omitted)

1 red pepper, julienned
1 orange pepper, julienned
whole wheat tortillas (I used corn)

shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
sour cream
guacamole


Remove giblets and rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry and use kitchen scissors to cut the entire skin off. Rub fajita seasoning all over chicken and place lemon slices inside. Line the bottom of your crock pot with onions and place chicken on top of onions. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top of the chicken and set the slow cooker on low for 8 hours.

Just before the crock pot is done, saute peppers in 1 tablespoon olive oil until just soft. Set out the sour cream, cheese, guacamole and peppers. When the chicken is done, use your fork to pull off and plate chunks of meat. (It will fall right off the bone.) Warm your tortillas and serve with desired toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment