Monday, November 1, 2010

#65: Cafe Rio Rice


This picture does not do this recipe justice!  There is a lot of flavor in this!
I've been dying to try this recipe since we eat a lot of rice in our house.  But I knew the rest of the family wouldn't go for it, so I made it tonight since we are all eating at different times thanks to Trick-or-Treating.  I altered it a little because I was afraid it would be too spicy with the diced green chili's, but it turned out fabulously!  Next time I plan to make the recipe as is.


4 c water
2 c rice (I used basmati)
4 tsp chicken boullion or 4 cubes
1 can green chilis (I used 1/2 can mild diced green chilis)
4 tsp minced garlic (I used 2)
1/2 onion finely chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped (I used about 1/3)
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
juice of 2 limes (I used the concentrate and just squirted some in!)

Bring water to a boil. Add all ingredients and stir. Cover and simmer on medium for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment