Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#66: Beef Taco Bake


This was a very easy meal to prepare!  I made it a few nights ago and froze it since I knew we wouldn't be eating it right away.  We thought the tortillas were a little soft, so next time I will probably make and freeze everything minus the tortillas and then just add them in the day I am cooking it.  We did like this recipe though (this needed added texture so we added crushed tortilla chips to ours!), and Brian said he liked it even more reheated for lunch!

1 pound ground beef (I used ground turkey)

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce (I used picante sauce)
1/2 cup milk
6 flour tortillas (8-inch) or 8 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1-inch pieces (I used flour shells)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)

Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.

Stir the soup, salsa, milk, tortillas and half the cheese in the skillet. Spoon the beef mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Cover the baking dish.

Bake at 400°F. for 30 minutes or until the beef mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment