Thursday, November 25, 2010

#96: Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter


I was excited to make this for dinner this week, but then I needed to bring a vegetable side dish for thanksgiving and I wanted something I could throw in the microwave so I didn't have to take up my Aunt's oven space.  So I steamed my green beans in the microwave instead and I thought they turned out great!  I'm bringing this to thanksgiving tonight minus the sliced peppers because I think it will go over better without them.  I love the peppers though!  No one else in my family ate this, but it got 5 stars from me!Ingredients

2 medium sweet yellow peppers, divided
7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed

Directions
Finely chop one yellow pepper. In a small skillet, saute pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Set aside.
Place the pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add cooked pepper; cover and process until blended. Set butter aside.
Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cut remaining pepper into thin strips; add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.  (OR place beans in a microwave safe dish with 1 tbps water.  Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until tender).
Place vegetables in a large bowl; add butter mixture and toss to coat.
(I toasted some extra pine nuts and added sprinkled them on top right before serving.  Also, I did not need all of the butter mixture, so I suggest adding half and then continue to add more as needed.)
Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment