Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#67: Balsamic-Glazed Grilled Chicken


As I am typing the title of this recipe, I was thinking, "I'm not sure why this is called Balsamic Glazed Chicken because there wasn't any balsamic vinegar in it."  Then I started thinking...did I make this right?  So I looked at the recipe again and sure enough it DID call for balsamic vinegar...how did I miss that?!  I made mine with regular white vinegar and although I did like the taste of the glaze, no one else really did.  Could that be why?!  Ha ha...what a yutz!

Like I said before, I liked the glaze, Brian however was not a fan.  Allison ate ALL of her chicken so I'd say she enjoyed it...Chloe on the other hand, gave it all back to me as she ate it.  So we were split, 50/50 on this recipe, and therefore are giving this recipe 3 stars.  (Guess we won't be making this one again).

If you actually try this recipe WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR let me know what you think of it.  Maybe we should give it another try (although I don't think Brian liked the rosemary in it)

Anyway, here you go...

Glaze


1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic

Chicken
4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (8 oz each) (We used boneless, skinless chicken tenders)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1.Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients; set aside.

2.Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill, skin side down, over medium heat. Cook 10 minutes. Turn chicken; brush half the glaze evenly over chicken. Continue cooking and brushing with remaining glaze 10 to 12 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170°F).

No comments:

Post a Comment