Tuesday, November 30, 2010

#98: Saucy Joes


This recipe came from a recent Food & Family Magazine.  Brian and the girls really enjoyed this recipe, but I wasn't as thrilled with it.  However, I must add that I am just getting over the flu so nothing is really appealing and that could be a big reason why!

This was an easy recipe though and I made the meat mixture ahead of time and froze it on my last freezer cooking day.  Tonight I just had to reheat!  We could not find any Ciabatta bread so we just used some small rolls.  Personally, this would be better on a crustier bread...and maybe stuck under the broiler to melt the cheese!


This recipe claims to serve 4, but we got 5 small sandwiches out of it plus at least 2 servings for Brian's lunches.

1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 1/2 c spaghetti sauce
4 Ciabatta rolls, split/toasted
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown meat with onions and garlic in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
Add spaghetti sauce, cook 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Fill rolls with meat mixture and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment