Friday, November 19, 2010

#88: Curt's Favorite


I got this recipe from my friend Jaime, who got it from here.  We love pot roast, so I added it to this month's menu.  I realized last night that I never took it out of the freezer, so I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make it after all.  I googled "frozen pot roast" and realized you COULD put a roast in the crockpot still frozen.  So last night I put everything together in the crockpot and stuck it in the fridge.  When I got up this morning I stuck the crockpot in the machine and turned it on.  When I came home from school, I could smell the roast from the garage...and it smelled really good. 

I was VERY happily surprised that not only was the pot roast defrosted and cooked through, it was also really moist and you would have never known it was put in still frozen!  Totally not going to worry about defrosting my roasts anymore!! 

We loved this one!  It wasn't anything super special when compared to any other pot roast I've made in the past, but it was easy and even Allison ate it!  My roast was only about 2.25 lbs so it was enough to serve Brian and I, a little for A and C and one serving left over for Brian to eat for lunch.   If you were to make a 4 lb roast, you're going to need a lot more potatoes and carrots than the recipe calls for!

This is a keeper for our house!!  Thanks Jaime!

Ingredients


4 pounds chuck roast
salt and pepper to taste
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 stalk celery, chopped

Directions

1.Take the chuck roast and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat.

2.Place in the slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery.

3.Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment