Saturday, November 13, 2010

#78: Crispy Taco Wings (or nuggets)


This recipe is intended to use with chicken wings, but I wanted this to be a slighty healthier dinner, so we used chicken breasts cut into smaller pieces.  I cut this recipe out of one of my Taste of Home magazines.  I accidentally used chili seasoning instead of taco seasoning, but we still enjoyed this one.  This is a keeper in our house!

Ingredients

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 envelope taco seasoning (I used 1/2 a packet...and used Chili seasoning instead)
2-1/2 pounds chicken wingettes and drummettes (I used chicken breasts cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1-3/4 cups crushed corn chips

Directions
In a large shallow bowl, combine flour and taco seasoning. Add wings, a few at a time, and coat. Place butter and corn chips in separate shallow bowls. Dip wings in butter, then coat with chips.


Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment