Monday, November 22, 2010

#90: Cherry Coke Salad

My favorite drink is by far, Cherry Coke.  So several months ago I came across this recipe and filed it away for a future use.  I decided to add it to the in-laws Thanksgiving menu and knew that there was a 50/50 chance with the family that they wouldn't like it (picky eaters!).  Since I like cherry's though, I was willing to take the chance.  I decided to half the recipe just in case.  (The recipe below is the full recipe)

This was good, but a little too sweet.  It probably would be better if you just used water instead of the coke! 

Ingredients
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
1/2 cup water
2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
3/4 cup cola

Directions
Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a saucepan or microwave, bring pineapple juice and water to a boil. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and cola.

Pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Fold in reserved pineapple. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 10-12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment