Thursday, November 25, 2010

#95: Beef and Cheese Foldover

I got this recipe out of my Kraft Food and Family Magazine.  It was easy to make, even with having to roll out some bisquick dough.  This would probably be really good wrapped in 2 tubes of cresent rolls sealed together.  I might have to try that next time! 

I made the filling on my last freezer cooking day.  I defrosted it in the fridge overnight, then just made the dough the day I baked this, reheated the meat mixture for 2 minutes in the microwave and continued cooking as directed. 


Brian didn't enjoy this as much as Chloe and I did.  He claims it was good but he just wasn't in the mood for it.  I think it had a lot to do with the corn being in it.  This reminded me a lot of Jaime's Stuffed Peppers

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
1 c frozen corn
1/4 c ketchup
2 tbsp steak sauce
1/2 c hot water
2 c all-purpose baking mix
1 c shredded mexican cheese

1/2 tsp parsley flakes (I forgot to add this!)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Brown meat with onions in a large skillet; drain.  Stir in corn, ketchup, and steak sauce.  Set aside.

Add water to baking mix; stir until it forms a dough.  Shape into ball.  Place on a lightly floured surface; knead 5 times or until smooth and no longer sticky (I had to add a bit more water).  Roll into a 12 in circle; transfer to a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
Spoon meat mixture onto center of dough.  Spread to within 2 inches of edge.  Fold edge of dough over meat, leaving center uncovered.   Bake 20 min. Top filling with cheese; bake 5 min more or until cheese is melted.  Sprinkle with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment