Monday, November 22, 2010

#89: Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings


This is a horrible picture!
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.  It got 4 1/2 stars from over 3300 people, so I was excited to try it.  After reading the comments/reviews, I decided to make some changes to the recipe.  (They are listed below in red).  A lot of the comments say to put the chicken in frozen....next time I will so I don't have to worry about defrosting!

I like this one!  Brian mainly just liked the chicken, although he did eat the dumplings too.  Allison and Chloe also liked the chicken but not the dumplings.  I thought they were good though.
 
Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces (I used one and that was plenty for our family)
Paprika (few shakes)
Seasoned Salt (few shakes)
Pepper (few shakes)
Garlic Powder (few shakes)
2 c chicken broth

Directions
1.Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.

2.Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 1 1/2 hours before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment