Sunday, October 31, 2010

#64: Diet Doughnuts

 
Do not be fooled by this name.  These are NOT doughnuts and these are NOT diet!  They are good though!  The only thing that is "diet" in this recipe, is that they are baked instead of fried.  Okay, maybe they are healthier then!

Apparently I made mine way too big because I only got 24 muffins out of this.  And I needed A LOT more butter, cinnamon and sugar to dip/coat it in.  I think I ended up using 1 1/2 sticks of melted butter and about 2+ cups of cinnamon/sugar.

Ingredients


1/3 cup shortening or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar substitute suitable for baking (I used regular sugar)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose or whole wheat
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions
1.Cream shortening and sugar together.
2.Add egg, milk, flour and baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
3.Mix well and bake in miniature muffin tins - grease tins and fill about 1/2 full.
4.Bake at 375 F for about 15 minutes.
5.Take out of tins at once and roll in 6 TBSP. melted butter and than roll in l/2 cup sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon. Makes 40 doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment