Sunday, October 10, 2010

#49: Ambrosia Fruit Salad


I had my in-laws (and extended family) over this afternoon, and I made this salad to go with lunch.  I was looking for something fruity other than jello and thought this looked easy, inexpensive and interesting.  I was pleasantly surprised that this was good!  I'm not a huge grape or banana fan, so I was a little leary at first, but the coconut really gives this a nice sweet crunch.  I didn't have many red grapes in the house, but I had a TON of green grapes so I used 3 c green grapes and 1 c red.  I really do not like green grapes, so next time I'll make this with most or all red grapes.  Try this one, it was good!

1 can (8-1/4 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained

1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
1 cup green grapes
1 cup seedless red grapes
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 medium banana, sliced
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup flaked coconut

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment