Sunday, October 10, 2010

#51: Homemade Frozen Fruit Cups


I stumbled upon this recipe from Once a Month Mom and figured it would be the perfect accompaniment to the Breakfast Cookies (or at least I hope so!)  Instead of store bought frozen raspberries and blueberries, I bought fresh ones, washed and then froze flat on a cookie sheet.  Why not buy fresh when it's still in season?! 

Allison LOVED this!!  I started eating one for breakfast, and she ended up taking it from me and finished it all while telling me what a good cook I am!

64 ounces pulp free orange juice
12 ounces frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
1 cups water

1 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 each firm bananas, sliced
8 ounces frozen raspberries
8 ounces frozen blueberries
15 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
8 ounces pineapple, crushed

Original Directions: In a large bowl, mix together orange juice, pineapple concentrate (JUST concentrate), water, sugar, lemon juice and fruit. Spoon 3/4 cupful into each container. Freeze. To Serve: Remove from the freezer at least 40-50 minutes before serving.


After making this, here are my directions/suggestions:  In a large bowl mix bananas, raspberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple.  Divide mixture among 16 (or however many desired) small containers.  

In a large juice pitcher, mix orange juice, pineapple concentrate, water, sugar and lemon juice.  Mix well.  Pour juice into each container, topping off the fruit/container.  Freeze.  (Personally, I must have used smaller containers, because although I got 16 servings as suggested, I had at least half of the juice leftover!)

Servings: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment