Tuesday, October 19, 2010

#59: Quick Chicken a la King


I found this recipe on allrecipes.com but it looks like it originally came from Cambell's Kitchen. I had some diced chicken in the freezer from a rotisserie chicken and really wanted to find a good recipe to use it up. My mom suggested chicken a la king, so I started searching the internet for one that my family would eat. This looked like one they might enjoy (minus the peppers of course!). After reading the comments from people who tried it, I decided to add in a few extra spices to jazz it up. Below is the recipe I made.


Allison ate two HUGE servings of this (5 stars); Chloe kept spitting it out and handing it back to me piece by piece (0 stars); Brian said he'd eat it again but wasn't overly excited by it (2 stars); I liked it and would eat it again but with waterchestnuts added for crunch (3.5 stars). So if you average that all out, we gave this recipe 2.6 stars. : )

1 tablespoon margarine or butter
1/4 cup chopped green pepper or red pepper
1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken or ham
4 cups hot cooked regular long-grain white rice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1 tbsp minced onion
pepper to taste

Directions
1.Heat margarine in saucepan. Add pepper and cook until tender.
2.Add soup, milk and chicken. Heat through. Season with spices. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment