Sunday, October 17, 2010

#53: Pumkin Fudge


In leu of Halloween, I really wanted to make pumpkin fudge for book club tomorrow.  I found this recipe on CDKitchen and it got 5 stars and the reviews said how easy it was...perfect for me!  It took longer than I expceted for it to boil, but I was dying pumpkin seeds at the time, so I didn't mind.  The directions say to let cool to room temperature and then cut into squares.  That seemed to take a little longer too, so I stuck it in the fridge overnight to finish setting up. 

I got up this morning and was really excited to try these!  So I cut into them, and STRUGGLED to get them out of the pan.  They were thicker than last night, but really, really gooey.  So I figured I'd scoop some out with a melon baller and roll into balls.  These would not hold their shape at all!  The "batter" tasted delicous...these would have been really good.  But I could not serve these, so I took a picture of it in a little bowl and then tossed the rest.  : (  What a bummer!


Here's the recipe anyways incase you want to try again!

Ingredients:


2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin not pie mix)
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 package (12 ounce size) white chocolate chips
1 jar (7 ounce size) marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans are good)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Continue heating until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly; continue boiling until candy thermometer reaches soft-ball stage or 234 to 243degrees F. Remove from heat; stir in white chocolate chips until melted. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.

Pour into a buttered 9x13x2 inch baking pan; cool to room temperature. Cut into squares; store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment