Sunday, October 10, 2010

#50: Breakfast Cookies


I was looking for a breakfast food for the girls to take to daycare with them this week and wanted something a little different.  I found a recipe for a breakfast cookie and decided to try it out.  After reading a lot of the comments posted about this one, I decided to add some of the others suggestions.  Below is the recipe I made/used. 

These turned out just slightly sweet (perfect for breakfast) and soft and chewy.  I really expected it to have a firmer texture.  I liked the taste of this but I think I could eat several of them as my breakfast.  Lately I've been making a slimfast or fruit smoothie for breakfast and mid-morning I'm in desperate need for a snack...this would be a great, healthy thing to add to my breakfast!  I hope the kids like them!

3 mashed bananas (ripe)
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup raisins (or any other dried fruit you want to add)
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar

2 egg whites

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl really well. Let this mixture stand for at least 5 minutes to let the oats become good and hydrated. Heap the dough by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment