Sunday, October 3, 2010

#46: Oatmeal Pancakes


Another week; another recipe to send to daycare; another recipe from Becoming Betty!

I've never made homemade pancakes before, mainly because they usually taste like eggs and I prefer the box mix where you just add water.  These were healthier and sounded pretty interesting so I figured I'd give them a try.  Also, I had all of the ingredients on hand!!  Personally, I loved them!  But I also like oatmeal and you can definitely taste it in this recipe.  You could NOT however, taste the eggs, so I was thrilled!!  These are more dense than a regular pancake and not very sweet.  Although as I type this, I am eating one without anything else on it (no butter or syrup) and it is GOOD! 

1 cup flour

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup milk
1 cup water

Stir together dry ingredients. Mix eggs, vanilla, milk and water separate and then add to dry. Makes 16-18 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment