Saturday, October 23, 2010

#61: Pumpkin Chip Muffins



I have another Recipe Swap GNI coming up so I was looking for pumpkin recipes.  I stumbled upon this recipe and immediately thought about making this for the girls to take to school to share with their friends.  I made them today and the girls ate them with their lunch.  They were easy, moist, and yummy!  I will definitely make these again!!! 

2 cups sugar
4 eggs

1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1-1/2 cups canola oil (I used 3/4 c applesauce and 3/4 c vegetable oil)
3 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips


Directions
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.

Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment