Monday, January 16, 2017

Recipe Revisited: French Dip Crescents


Thin roast beef was on sale last week at the grocery store, so I decided to throw some in my cart and figured I'd decide what to make with it later.  The kids are off school today, so this seemed like a very easy, quick lunch to REmake for them and my hubby.  I am not a huge fan of roast beef, but since this is sliced so thin, it almost tastes more like salami (which some of us prefer anyways LOL). 

2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls (I used reduced fat)
4-6 slices cheese of your choice, cut into quarters (I used ultra thin provolone)
7 oz thinly sliced roast beef (I used 1 to 1 1/4 slices per roll up)
packet of au jus mix

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lay out the individual crescent triangles on a work surface. Add a piece of roast beef and a quarter slice of cheese at the larger end of the triangle, then roll the crescent over the mixture until the crescent roll is formed. Repeat with remaining crescent triangles, roast beef and cheese.

Once completed, lay each crescent roll on a baking sheet that has been prepared with cooking spray. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the crescent rolls are slightly golden and the cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, prepare au jus sauce according to packet directions.
Remove from heat and pour into serving bowls.  

Serve the crescent rolls with the au jus for dipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment