Wednesday, January 4, 2017

#1,855: Broccoli Cheddar Patties

I made these delicious little broccoli patties for Christmas with the intent that my kids would love them and I'd have a new way of making them get their veggies in.  Unfortunately, they proved me very wrong, and NONE of my kids liked these at all.  As sad and disappointed as that made me, it also thrilled me, because I LOVED these.  Growing up my grandma used to make spinich patties and would fry big batches of it in a skillet.  These kind of remind me of her recipe, but I love broccoli way more that I like spinach, so these are even better! Sorry Grandma!  
16 oz package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and completely drained
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 large eggs, whisked
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of seasoned Italian breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 375.  Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. With your hands, form small patties and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, flip the patties over, and bake an additional 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment