Saturday, January 7, 2017

#1,863: Crockpot Italian Meatballs

When I asked my kids this week what they wanted on our dinner menu they said meatball subs.  Since it is such an easy recipe to throw together (and reheat during the week!), I decided to oblige and make it for them.  I found this recipe for Italian Meatballs that I could make in the crockpot (my favorite way to cook since it's less messy/easy clean up).  These are so good.  They are super moist and tender....I had to stop myself from eating too many of these so there would still be plenty leftover for our dinner this week! 

2 large eggs
½ cup breadcrumbs, fresh or dried
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
32 oz lean (90% or leaner) ground beef (I stupidly/accidentally only used ONE lb of ground turkey...it still turned out ok though)
Spaghetti Sauce, Homemade or Jarred

Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the breadcrumbs, ½ cup onion, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.

Next add the beef and with your fingertips lightly mix the ingredients until just combined but try not to over mix or compact the meat. Using ⅛ cup for each (I just eyeballed it to be about a golfball size or smaller), make the meatballs compressing them just enough to form a ball and place in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover with sauce and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.  (Mine were done at 6 hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment