Wednesday, January 4, 2017

#1,857: Baked Crab Rangoon


When my mom asked me to make these crab rangoon, I told her we should just call the local chinese place because this was going to be WAY too much work and not taste good anyways. My sister and I almost had her convinced we should do that, but then she complained that she already had all of the ingredients, so we decided just to go ahead and make them for her.  I say WE, but my sister didn't help AT ALL (thanks a lot Trisha!).  However, these were so good, we made them a second time and my 7 year old Chloe helped me make these and now she wants to make them every day.  :)  No these are not as good as a Chinese place because they aren't crispy and fried.  But they taste really good for baked, and let's face it, it's healthier for you.  Maybe Chloe is right and I should get the ingredients for these again.... :) 

1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 small green onions, chopped
8 oz imitation crab, finely chopped
6 oz cream cheese, softened
28 wonton wrappers 

In a bowl mix the softened cream cheese, crab, green onion, garlic salt, and Worcestershire sauce.  Spoon about a 1/2 tablespoon or so of cream cheese mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper.  Dip your finger in water and moisten all along the edges of the wonton wrapper.  Fold up the corners by bringing them to the center of the wontons (right above the mixture) and pinch to close/seal the Rangoon.

Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment