Wednesday, January 4, 2017

#1,856: Cranberry Almond Spinach Salad

Seriously, this salad is so good, I've made it twice already!  You would think that during one of those times I would take a picture of it, but apparently that was not the case.  It also gives me a reason to make it a 3rd time to finally snap a picture (coming soon hopefully.  Update: photo added 1/5/17).  This was really, really good.  And I loved that I could have everything done/prepped/made ahead of time and then literally just throw it all together at the last minute.  Mmm...this was good!

The first two times I made this I used shallots.  The thrid time I just used diced red onion instead because I had it on hand.  I don't mind it either way.  And again, it's even better with the bacon! 

16 oz baby spinach (or regular spinach chopped...this is easier for me!)
1 cup almonds, toasted
1 cup dried cranberries
And I added diced bacon...definitely add the bacon!

Sesame Seed Dressing
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp white sugar (I used 2 packets of stevia)
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp finely minced shallot
2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1 Tbsp poppy seeds (optional)

For the dressing: In a bowl or jar whisk together white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in olive oil, honey, shallot, sesame seeds and optional poppy seeds until mixture is well blended.

For the salad:
Add spinach, almonds and cranberries to a salad bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss. Serve immediately after adding dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment